There are many different cookies that can be called biscotti. most people think of the flat wafers that are hard and some times have chocolate chips in them. that is not what i am going to make with you here. frankly i dislike those ones so why would i make them.
- 3 cups blanched almonds or 3 and 3/4 cups almond flower
- 1 1/2 cups fine white sugar
- 3 egg whites whipped until foamy
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment or silicon mats.
- Grind almonds into flour in food processor.
- Add sugar and blend for 15 seconds more.
- In a separate bowl whip egg-whites
- Add almond extract to whipped egg whites.
- Slowly add almond/sugar mixture to egg whites to make a stiff dough.
- Form dough into walnut sized balls .
- Place two inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Optional: Push half an almond into top of each ball.
- Bake 20-30 minutes turning pan regularly until golden.