Lately Mike and I have been cooking a lot more and one of the things we have been cooking is Mike’s Grandmothers banana bread. It seems like once a week or so we find we have some over ripe bananas and so we take a few minutes and put together one of our favorite baked goods. Of course its not all like her recipe we have modified it and we think this is a good treat.
- three over ripe bananas
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
- In a blender or food processor mix up the bananas, egg, milk, and sugar vanilla. blend until vary creamy.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients makeing sure there are no lumps.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the food processor.
- Once it is all mixed add your optional nuts and stir in by hand. be careful to not mix in so hard that you brake the nuts up.
- lightly grease a bread pan with cooking oil.
- Then line the pan with parchment paper making sure to use a large enough peace of paper to later rap the loaf for storage. of course, if you plan to eat it all at once then just cover the pan.
- Mix in to the pan and tap the pan on the counter to remove the air bubbles.
- bake for approximately 1 hour until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and let cool. Serve with a little butter or toast and some jam.