Here is a quick and easy cookie that any one can make . its so simple but so good.
- 1/2 cup softened, unsalted butter. 1/4 cup browned butter is nice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or brown sugar or demarra sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange or lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted.
- preheat oven to 375F
- Cream together butter, sugar, zest until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, mixing continually until a loose smooth dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a parchment paper or a silicone baking mat lined cookie sheet.
- Using your hands, form the dough into a 10 by 5 inch rectangle.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife divide the dough in to 10 2" x 2.5" squares. You can also divide it in to 5 5" x 2" rectangles which are then divided diagonally in to triangles.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 13 to 15 minutes until just barely brown or slight toasty smell. Recut the cookies immediately as they will have slumped together a bit.